Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So this is how it is.

The office admin at work has this to say:

"Welcome to Canada. Efficiency is not a hallmark of government bureaucracy anywhere, but CIC (immigration) has managed to totally eliminate it from their procedures. And welcome to Nova Scotia. I grew up in Toronto, even hung out in the 'bad neighbourhoods', but nobody ever stole anything from me until I moved to Nova Scotia in 1993. In fact, someone stole my gym bag out of my car in the parking lot at work, just last week."


The other day the guy at the bank, who happens to live right around the corner from us, told us that his MacPass (bridge pass) was stolen from his car the first night he was here.


So, apparently we've moved into the pointless thievery capital of Canada, where if it ain't locked or bolted, it gets swiped. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment