Sunday, August 23, 2009

This is the story of the Hurricane...


What hurricane?


... the man the authorities came to... call Bill.

Bill turned out to be a lot of wind and rain, but nothing very spectacular. I hear tell they had some roads washed out on the coast, and three people were washed out to sea when they stood on a sea wall like a bunch of fools. But here, a day of hard rain which cleared up by afternoon. We had a leaky window.

It was Zoë's 7th birthday -- a day for staying inside and playing Nintendo. Not even her first hurricane could distract her from that. Notice how she's sitting in the window, with her back to the storm. Take that, wimpy Bill!

After the storm, Zoë and I walked the path behind the house, and I found the bungee cord that used to be on my bike basket. The bike basket that was stolen when my bike was stolen. So we know the thieves went thataway. I'm on their trail... a trail of tears, if I have anything to say about it. Low down dirty no good varmints.

No comments:

Post a Comment